Aug 21, 2009

CNN has a list of 12 annoying types of Facebookers

A rant against what CNN calls annoying Facebookers can be found at the link below.

From the article:

Facebook can be a great tool, and an occasional annoyance.

Facebook, for better or worse, is like being at a big party with all your friends, family, acquaintances and co-workers.

CNN lists one type of boring Facebooker they call, “The Let-Me-Tell-You-Every-Detail-of-My-Day Bore:

"I'm waking up." "I had Wheaties for breakfast." "I'm bored at work." "I'm stuck in traffic." You're kidding! How fascinating! No moment is too mundane for some people to broadcast unsolicited to the world. Just because you have 432 Facebook friends doesn't mean we all want to know when you're waiting for the bus.

At this point I hope that my Facebook friends don’t think I am sending any of them a special message. In other words, CNN does not reflect my personal views about Facebookers.

I enjoy reading all of their comments even though I don’t respond to most of them.

Link to the CNN story here.