- I will also post this on my other blog tomorrow:
Let’s review the current situation based on the direction the country has been going:
1. Taxes are at a 20-year low while IRS revenue coming into the treasury is increasing even after the Bush tax cuts.
2. The federal deficit is at a 4-year low.
3. The Dow is at a new high and keeps going higher.
4. Inflation is at a near 20-year low.
5. Home valuations are up 200% over the past three and one half years.
6. Terrorists have not struck the United States since September 11, 2001 while many terrorist attacks have been thwarted including the 10 jumbo jet attacks planned to celebrate the anniversary of 9/11. These attacks were stopped by US and British intelligence gathering procedures.
7. If we pull out of Iraq today, terrorists would immediately focus their attention on our homeland. Instead of fighting the U.S. Army and Marines in the Mid-east, it would be a matter of days before they would be boarding planes to bring the war to U.S. soil in one manner or another.
The new direction the Democrats want us to follow would lead us to: (match with the numbers above)
1. Higher taxes. The Democrats can hardly wait until they can raise taxes. They have promised to begin by repealing the Bush tax cuts.
2. The federal deficit will rise when the “tax and spend” liberal agenda gets into full swing.
3. The Dow will drop as the Democrats push through anti-business legislation.
4. Inflation will return. Inflation won’t get completely out of hand as it did in the late 1970’s under Carter, but it will return.
5. If the home valuation trend continues it will be because of inflation rather than a robust economy.
6. Democrats will repeal the Bush Homeland Security measures making it easy for terrorists to attack us from within.
7. By prematurely cutting and running from Iraq, the terror war will be much closer to us and it may be a matter of time before it will be on our own soil.
Is this what the Democrats really mean when they say we should go in a new direction?