Dec 20, 2008

Defiant Blagojevich: will fight to last breath

Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich (pictured) claimed he is not guilty. He is not stepping down as governor and said he will "fight until I take my last breath."

He said he will not step down or resign from office and intends to address the allegations against him in court.

He said he expects to be vindicated.

"I'm here to tell you right off the bat that I am not guilty of any criminal wrongdoing, that I intend to stay on the job, and I will fight this thing every step of the way. I will fight, I will fight, I will fight until I take my last breath," Blagojevich said. "I have done nothing wrong."

Blagojevich cast himself as a victim in the case and that he will not let a "political lynch mob" force him from office.

Will Blagojevich be vindicated or will he become just another in a long line of Illinois governors sentenced to prison terms?

Link here and here.