Nov 21, 2006

The new Blogger beta has serious problems

The Blogger crew just couldn’t leave well enough alone. It wasn’t broke but they just had to “fix” it anyway.

Then they said we would all be required to switch to the beta version within the next couple of months.

In the process of changing over, I must have missed something. Anyway, I shot myself in the foot in the process and completely lost my origianl blog on Blogger. It was two and one half years old with a couple of thousand postings. It went poof . Just like that it was history.

Blogger said they couldn’t bring it back to life. They did say I could set up a new blog using the same URL. Only thing is Blogger didn’t release my old URL for reuse until three weeks later.

Well, now I have my old location on the web back - just none of the previous material.

No one told me blogging could be this much fun! Anyway, it’s good to be back at the old lemonade stand.

It was nice to be able to carry forward the 39,000 blog visits on the SiteMeter counter.

It was also great that Technorati could re-establish my old links. At this point, I’m just thankful for the little things.

Thanks for coming back to visit.

Sorry about the confusion.